Disasters can cause devastating damage and a real emergency is not a laughing matter. If you want to learn how to prepare for a disaster, check out the event calendar to sign up for a class. Have specific questions? Use our chat feature or send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you.
Without proper training, the gear and plans you have developed for emergencies may not be effective. Make sure to get training in multiple areas to ensure you are ready for an emergency. We have compiled multiple resources to help guide you in the direction you need to go in order to have adequate training.
5 Week Beginner Training Course
Register for our 5 week beginner preparedness training course to increase your level of preparedness. Learn the reasons why people need to be prepared, understand the unique ways your preparedness is different than someone else, learn how to write and practice emergency plans, and join us during our emergency kit building workshops to get you kit assembled.
Check out the training course schedule below for more information:
1. Preparedness 101 - The 5 W's of Preparedness - No one wants to build a house on a faulty foundation. Why would you build your preparedness plans without first building a good foundation of understanding why you are preparing? Come to this training class to learn an overview of preparedness. Learn the five W's of preparedness to secure your emergency foundation.
2. Preparedness 201 - Individual Preparedness - Preparedness is not captured in a "One Size Fits All" plan and kit. Life is always changing, technology is advancing, and no two people have the same obstacles. In this collaborative training, we will discuss unique obstacles to preparedness from all participants and create a personalized list for your individual preparedness kit.
3. Preparedness 301 - Building Individual and Family Emergency Plans - Do you have an emergency plan? Is your plan outdated, confusing, or full of gaps? Has your family or home increased in size or complexity? Come learn how to make a professional emergency plan for you and/or your family. Everyone will have an opportunity to draft an emergency plan or refine their current plan during this session with help from our team. Everyone will receive resources and tools to help refine and practice their emergency plans.
4. Preparedness Kit Building Workshop - Come to this class to receive the items we ordered for you and build your kit! Instructors will walk through what components make a great kit and help to personalize your kit to your needs. Bring any materials or kits you already have to reorganize and augment them.
We will go over ideas and thoughts of how to build your kit, when and how to use your kit, and how to continue the journey of preparedness to obtain the items not afforded in the budget, create multiple kits for home, work, traveling, etc. We will provide more information and resources on how to continue preparing and how to connect with organizations to help.
5. Practicing Preparedness with Emergency Drills - You have your emergency kit, but what good is a kit without practice? In this class we will go through several emergency scenarios to dig through your kit and talk through what you would use and how it would help in each scenario. This will help to understand the items in your kit, optimize the arrangement, and figure out if there is anything missing.